About this privacy statement
Our data privacy statement, sets out how we handle personal data. We are aware of the importance to users of how personal data are handled and we assure you that we observe all relevant legal requirements. We consider the protection of your privacy to be of paramount importance. For this reason, compliance with the legal requirements on data privacy is, for us, a matter of course.
We reserve the right to make amendments at any time to this data privacy statement for future effect.
Data protection commissioner
You can contact our data protection officer (s) at:
represented by Prof. Dr. Christoph Bauer
Große Bleichen 21
Nano Interactive GmbH
80337 München, Germany
Personal data refers to any information about personal or factual circumstances of an identified or identifiable person. This includes information and details such as your name, home address or other postal address, telephone number and also your e-mail address.
Requirement or obligation to provide data
In so far as this is not expressly stated, when data are collected, the provision of data is neither required nor obligatory.
Your data are handled according to the following legal provisions:
- With regard to data communicated in forms, etc. with your consent, Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR
- With regard to services you use for the performance of a contract, Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR
- With regard to our targeting service, your consent, Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR
Unless otherwise specified, we obtain the data from you (including via devices used by you).
We retain your data,
- if you have consented to this as part of processing, until such time as you withdraw your consent. In any case we delete data collected on the basis of consent after 12 months.
- if we need the data to undertake an agreement, until such time as the contractual relationship with you ceases or legal retention periods expire,
- if we use the data on the basis of a legitimate interest, until such time as your overriding interest obliges us to delete or anonymize them. In any case we delete data collected on the basis of legitimate interest after 12 months
GDPR & Data Transparency
An external audit conducted by ePrivacy, an independent organization, has confirmed that Nano Interactive does not transfer any data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). All data processing and storage activities are conducted within our secure data centers located in Germany and Ireland.
Nano Interactive employs robust data processing practices that prioritise the protection and safety of personal data. Immediate IP anonymization is implemented to ensure a high standard of data security.
As a result, Nano Interactive is not obligated to prepare any Transfer Impact Assessments (TIA) and is exempt from the requirement to maintain a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA).
Information regarding our targeting service
Data collection and usage
We specialize in displaying ads that are relevant to you. We do this by collecting the following kinds of data on the websites or apps of our publisher partners or advertisers:
- Events related to your browsing behavior on one of our partner publishers’ websites or apps
- Events related to our ad serving activities (eg impressions, impressions per user, clicks, viewability, conversions, fraud)
- We process full IP addresses for a fraction of a second (but never stored), truncating so that the last three digits are anonymised and therefore pseudonymous. We only store truncated IP addresses.
This allows us to show you advertising that is more relevant to you. We do not at any point collect contact information such as your name, address, phone number, email address, credit card information, or anything else that can allow us or our clients to contact you directly. There is no way for us to know who you are. We only collect data from our trusted data partners and do not collect data from public sources.
In order for us to process your data, you will have already accepted cookies or similar technologies from one of the publishers or advertisers we work with. You can change your preferences at any time as set out in Section 6. below.
We provide insights to our advertisers and publishers in the form of aggregated data. This does not include any individual personal data.
Non-aggregated data may be stored by third parties such as data centers and hosting providers who provide their services on our behalf. These companies are authorized to use the information we provide only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Additionally, we work with external data processors, to which we provide certain data which may include personal data, in order to provide our services, In the following table you may find the partner name, their web address and a link to their privacy statement:
|Improve Digital BV||https://www.improvedigital.com||https://www.improvedigital.com/platform-privacy-policy|
The recipients of forwarded data are sometimes seated outside of the European Union. Nano Interactive transfers forwarded data only to third countries if the data protection level of the third country is adequate or if the recipients has provided appropriate safeguards.
Forwarded data is transferred to the following countries:
United States (EU Standard Contract Clauses)
The EU Standard Contract Clauses can be obtained upon request.
Information regarding our Marketing
Data collection and usage
- Communication with business partners
Third Party Processors
Our carefully selected partners and service providers may process personal information about you on our behalf as described below:
Digital Marketing Service Providers
We periodically appoint digital marketing agents to conduct marketing activity on our behalf, such activity may result in the compliant processing of personal information. Our appointed data processors include:
Nano’s commitment and adherence
Cookies are small files that your browser stores on your PC in a directory designated specifically for this purpose. These cookies can be used eg to find out whether you have already visited a website. Most browsers accept cookies automatically. Nevertheless, you can change the settings in your browser, so that no cookies can be stored or so that your explicit agreement is required before any cookies are stored. You can also delete previously set cookies at any time. Please note that disabling cookies may result in your use of our website being restricted.
If you do not want us to collect data via cookies you can use the cookie setting in your browser to block cookies (all or only certain types). To do so, please refer to the user manual of your browser. You get there by clicking the “Help” button of your browser.
Additionally, you have the choice to Opt Out of our technology, by clicking here: https://audiencemanager.de/public/opt-out . Please be aware that the Opt Out is technically realized also via a cookie. So it has to be done in every browser on every device and if you delete your cookies you will need to Opt Out again.
Another option for disabling cookies with regard to usage-based advertising is offered by the BVDW preference manager, www.meine-cookies.org/cookies_verwalten/praeferenzmanager-beta.html and the preference management of YourOnlineChoices, www.youronlinechoices.com/de/ preference management /
Please note that deleting and / or blocking cookies or opting out will not prevent you from getting online advertisements. You will still get banners but they will be shown randomly and not based on any cookie data.
Rights of the data subject
- You have the right to request information about whether and which personal data is processed by our company. You also have the right to demand that your personal data is rectified or amended.
- Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request that your personal data should be deleted.
- Under certain circumstances, you have the right to demand that the processing of your personal data should be restricted.
- You can withdraw your consent to the processing and use of your data completely or partially at any time with future application.
- You have the right to obtain your personal data in a common, structured and mechanically readable format.
- If you have any questions, comments, complaints or requests in connection with our statement on data protection and the processing of your personal data, you can also contact our data protection officer in detail.
- You also have the right to complain to the responsible supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data is in violation of the legislation.
Date of issue of this data privacy statement